Our Photochemical Etching Capabilities
Elcon Precision provides Invar etching services with benefits that enhance your application. You can expect the following benefits when you choose to work with:
- High process control, guaranteeing parts that meet your specifications
- Fast turnaround and etching time
- Stress-free, burr-free precision parts that are ideal for post assemblies or stacking
- Low-cost tooling
- Design flexibility with digital tooling = increased complexity, with no incremental cost
- Dimensional repeatability
- Precise and complex geometries
- 3D photo etching (check out our control grids etching capabilities)
- Knife and needle edges
- Step and half etching
- Selective plating and thin films
- 0.0005 in. to 0.100 in material thickness
When you submit your design to us, we’ll uphold the highest quality of customer satisfaction to get your product finished right.
Invar is used in several different industries and applications. These include:
- RF systems
- MRI and imaging equipment
- Antenna systems
- Semiconductor equipment
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Automotive sensors
Industries That Use Invar Etching
Invar etching is used heavily in the following industries:
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of Invar alloys are suitable for etching?
Invar is available in different alloy compositions with varying levels of nickel and iron. For example, Invar 36 is commonly used for etching due to its stability and properties. Connect with our team to learn more about which Invar alloy is best suited for your project.
What is the average turnaround time for Invar etching projects?
The etching rate is controlled by operators based on the process an expert team of engineers has developed for each part of your project. Generally speaking, the deeper the etches and the thicker the material, the slower the etching rate. If you’re seeking a quick turnaround time, it may be beneficial to choose a thinner material with a less complex design.
Connect with our team to learn more about the specific etch rate for your project based on your specifications.
Are there design considerations for Invar etching?
Fortunately, photochemical etching does not affect the material’s properties. Learn more about how Elcon Precision can handle your design specifications via our Invar etching process developed over the last 60 years.
Achieve Seamless Invar Etching With Elcon Precision
At Elcon Precision, we make Invar etching effortless. If you need precise Invar parts, contact us today to get in touch with a member of our team and discover how our etching solution can exceed your project specifications.